ROTHER VALLEY RAILWAY - KENT AND EAST SUSSEX RAILWAY
|Ford Railcar||.||.||.||£45 00|
|Shefflex Railcar||.||.||.||£45 00|
|Ford Railcar Set||.||.||.||£80 00|
|Shefflex Railcar Set||.||.||.||£80 00|
|Third 1 - 4 Ex Rother Valley Railway **||23'6"||4 Wheeled||£15.00|
|First 5 & 6 Ex Rother Valley Railway **||23'6"||4 Wheeled||£15 00|
|Third - Rebuilt from above||44'2"||Bogie||£25 00|
|Brake Third - Rebuilt from above||44'2"||Bogie||£25 00|
|Basic bogie fret 5'6" wb etched on o.020" n/s||£8 00|
|** Use the same body|
The Kent & East Sussex Railway was one of the light railways operated by Colonel H.F. Stephens, the railway engineer.
It was originally opened, in 1900, as the Rother Valley Railway, with its first stretch of line running from Robertsbridge to Tenterden, the station later being renamed Rolvenden. The line extended nearer to the centre of Tenterden to the Town station in 1903, and the railway's name was changed to the Kent and East Sussex Railway in 1904 in anticipation of extensions to Rye, Cranbrook and Maidstone via Headcorn. The line extended to Headcorn in 1905, but no further extensions were ever built.
|Second Class - Twelve windows||25'4"||4 Wheeled||£26 00|
|Composite - Eleven Windows||25'4||4 Wheeled||£26 00|
Built by Brown Marshall in 1898
The Lambourne Valley Railway became operational on the 2nd of April
1898. Financed almost entirely by Colonel Archer Houlan, it ran as an
Independent Company through until 1905 after which time, it came under
the wing of the The GWR.
|Shefflex Railcar||1927||£45 00|
|Shefflex Railcar Set||1927||£80 00|
|The West Sussex Railway opened in 1897 as the Hundreds of
Manhood and Selsey Tramway
It started from the City of Chichester and terminated at Selsey Beach. Know locally as the Selsey Tram. Sometimes called the Siddleham Snail after one of the villages
|The coach kits comprise sides with separate
droplights and ends,
The Railcars are a complete body.