DUNDALK NEWRY AND GREENORE RAILWAY
Worsley Works Irish Sides and Ends
Built by George Drum
The Sides, Ends and Roof were commissioned by George to allow him to build these coaches to the correct width.
They can now be supplied as a complete kit
One of a range of kits for the Dundalk Newry and Greenore Railway
|The 26 miles long Dundalk, Newry and Greenore Railway (DNGR, DN&GR) was an Irish railway company. Originally conceived in the 1860s (as the Dundalk and Enniskillen Railway} to provide a link between the towns in its title and the London and North Western Railway port at Greenore, from where a ferry service operated to Holyhead. The railway was opened from Greenore to Dundalk in 1873 and extended to Newry three years later. The LNWR eventually became the owning company and the provider of its locomotives and stock, the locomotives coming from its Crewe Works. The railway passed to the London, Midland and Scottish Railway in 1923 but an agreement was reached in 1933 for the line to be worked by the Great Northern Railway (Ireland). The line closed on 31 December 1951 but was not finally wound up until 1957 by act of consent.|