LNER MODEL LOCOMOTIVE KITS
H Class 4-4-4 Tank Locomotive Kit - Images
This kit can have the locomotive body etched on 0.015" brass or 0.015"
nickel silver with the chassis on 0.018" brass or nickel silver.
A chimney and dome are included, as built or as replaced by the LNER
Chassis spacers available for 00 - EM or P4
The Metropolitan Railway H class consisted of eight 4-4-4T steam locomotives, numbered 103 to 110. They were built by Kerr Stuart in 1920.
The H Class were intended for the Express passenger trains on the Metropolitan Railway mainline from Harrow (later Rickmansworth), where they swapped with the electric locomotives, to Aylesbury or Verney Junction. They were considered to be good engines well suited to the express trains they worked.
When the steam hauled services were handed to the LNER in 1937, all eight H class locomotives were transferred to the LNER to continue on the same trains. The LNER numbered them 6415–6422 and classified them as H2 class.
In the 1940s, they were moved away from Neasden (LNER) shed to the Nottingham area and worked over parts of the former Great Central Railway system.
All were withdrawn and scrapped between 1942 and 1947.